I never used to like soup as a child. It seemed a sorry excuse for a meal – I saw it as more of a drink so felt cheated by having soup for lunch or dinner… but these days I cant get enough of it! but none of this canned rubbish for me, it has to be home made 🙂 Here is my recipe for a super tasty super healthy hearty vegetable soup. its great for those long winter evenings, as it has my 2 favorite spices – cayenne and paprika, which give it just a little heat and a whole lot of extra warmth. And unlike those horrible canned soups, so full of sugar, fat, flavorings etc. you can be sure its super healthy and can have complete control over what is going in.
1.5 litres Water
3x Vegetable Stock Cubes
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tbsp Paprika
Optional – Handful of Lentils
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. first, you should take all of the vegetables and dice them up into small chunks. it doesnt have to be precise, just make sure they are roughly even.
2. place them into a large pot, on a medium heat.
3. Add the water and all of the spices, followed by the lentils, if you are using them.
4. Boil until all of the veg is nice and soft. A fork should easily pass through each vegetable – they should be almost mash able.
5. Take the pan off of the heat and with a hand held mixer, blend until smooth.
Ta Dah, you have your soup. Its not much to look at, but it tasted awesome! If you give it a go, I would love to know, let me know what you think! Or maybe you have some recommendations to improve it! Get in touch!