Wow! So this little blog has been going for over a year now! Thank you to everyone who has supported me and read what I have to say! I love you all!
I hope you have all had a wonderful holiday season! And I hope this new year is a good one.
Last year, I made the following Resolutions:
No 1. Learn the element song (Hopefully on my ukulele)
No 2. Travel to Finland
No 3. Overcome My Fear Of Flying – I have never flown and find the whole idea pretty petrifying!
No 4. Work really hard in my CBT Therapy so I can take control of my anxiety disorder
No 5. Find work in television. In order to give myself a better chance, I will make a short film a month which I can add to my show reel.
Whilst I haven’t achieved all of them, I would say 3 out of 5 isn’t bad. This year I have traveled not only to Finland but also to Germany. I have learnt a lot about their culture and little nuances. I have most definately overcome my fear of flying – on my first ever flight I was petrified to sit anywhere near a window, I felt sick, I was crying and panicking. But it turned out to be amazing! On the way back from Finland, we got hit by lightning and it was the coolest thing ever! I even considered how cool it would be to be a flight attendant! On my way to Germany I was super excited to be on the plane – I ever took a window seat! It was so cool! And finally, my anxiety has got so much better. I have my moments, but the CBT therapy I undertook really helped me to take control of my emotions.
So what about this year? Here are my resolutions:
1. I would still like to learn the elements song
2. Travel to a new City in Europe
3. Take steps to start a career. I no longer wish to work in television. I have decided I would love to work on the railways. I have been applying for conductor and platform assistant roles, and hope to use this as the beginning of a journey towards becoming a train driver or CCTV operator for TFL or the British Transport Police.
4. If I manage to get a new job, I would love to be able to start saving a substantial amount of money to buy a house with my partner.
5. As a treat for getting this new job, I wish to make a start on my chest piece – a huge collage of studio ghibli awesomeness!
6. I would love to learn to embroider! I have had all of the stuff ready for a couple of months now, but I keep not getting around to it! This year I will start and hopefully finish my contemporary stitch sampler that I have been planning!
I feel like this is going to be a big year for me. I feel like this could be the year my life really starts moving!
Do you have any resolutions? Did you stick to last year’s? Let me know!