Remember how I shared with you my recipe caramac fudge last week? Well today I will share with you a recipe using this fudge. CHEESECAKE! Omnomnomnom! This came about when I was watching Come Dine With Me. I hate Come Dine With me, but it is on after The Simpsons, so sometimes I just forget to turn it over. Anyways, I saw someone crushing biscuits for a dessert, and I suddenly had this urge to make cheesecake! This is what I came up with.
You Will Need
200g crushed biscuits (I used ginger nut)
60g melted butter
150g Caramac melted and left to cool + 2 unmelted bars for decoration
200g Philidelphia or other cream cheese
130ml double cream (you can also use whipping cream)
Two or three cubes of fudge, chopped into much smaller cubes
1. Crush the biscuits
2. Mix with the melted butter
3. Press into a flan dish or lined cake tray
4. Whisk the double cream until stiff
5. In a seperate bowl, beat together the sugar and cream cheese
6. Whisk the melted caramac bars into the double cream
7. Mix the cream cheese mixture into the cream and chocolate mixture until completely combined
8. Spread onto the biscuit base, making sure to spread right to the edges
9. To decorate, sprinkle with little cubes of fudge and lay the squares of Caramac all around the edge
10. Place in the freezer to set for at least 1 hour, then once set, transfer to fridge
This recipe is really tasty and very sweet. You can alter it very easily. You could change the chocolate type, add in fruits or marshmallows, change the biscuit base, etc.
I made this cheesecake using the same recipe but I swapped the caramac for milk chocolate and I folded in frozen raspberries. I also used bourbon biscuits for the base. It was equally tasty but a bit zingier.
Let me know if you give it a go! I would love to know what flavour combos you come up with!