Goodness. What a year 2018 has been. I feel like it has been my best year so far. And here is why.
1. I lost 20kg. I started the year at 114kg and now I am 94kg. I started the year in a size 24/26 trousers, and now I am a 16. I havent been a size sixteen since I was 16 (thats a decade ago!) So I am really proud of myself. I am the lightest I have been my entire adult like.
2. We have booked our wedding venue! We have a date to work towards and a location and everything is starting to gain momentum! Yahooo.
3. I made a huge effort to get better at photography. I think my photography skills have improved massively this year.
4. I also made a massive effort to learn about design and new techniques – the quality of my stitching has come on a long way and I have learnt many new skills. Filet, Brioche, Lace, etc. I made my first, and second and third sweater, and I now feel like I could tackle anything.
5. I got a new job! Which I will be starting on january 14th. I am super excited as this is the start of my dream career. I decided at the beginning of the year that I wanted to move on in the business, so I did everything I could to improve my skills and experiences. And here I am.
When I think back to why I had such a great year, I think it comes down to one thing – I didnt set myself lots of goals. Instead I just decided that this would be the year I got it done. This would be the year of progress. And it was.
And how about 2019?
Well, 2019 will be the year of new beginnings and learning. I will be heading off to signaller training school to start a year long apprenticeship to qualify as a signaller with Network Rail. It will be a lot of hard work. Lots of exams, simulations, studying. So my goal this year is just to learn as much as I can and enjoy the start of my new career.
I am also hopeful that by the end of 2019 we will have got all of our finances in order and will have purchased or begun the legal processes of purchasing a house.
And in 2019, I need to make a start on wedding flower making! It will be a mammoth understaking but exciting at the same time!