Happy new year to all of my wonderful followers! I hope you had some wonderful celebrations! I was at work all night, and let me tell you – London Victoria is a peculiar places after 3am on new years day. Its honestly like a disaster relief center! People stumbling about looking lost, hundreds of people huddled up asleep on the floor, people crying, with their hair and makeup all over the place, their clothes all dicheveled and generally looking confused and forlorn. Its odd.
Anyways, where has the year gone! I feel like it has just flown by! As I talked about yesterday, I had lots of plans for this year, some of which I managed to fulfil and some which I didn’t, but all the same I feel like it has been a successful year for me. So now it is time for me to set myself some goals for the coming year. This year I tried to think of realistic goals, and I will be tracking some of them using my bullet journal.
1. Blogging Goals – I am aiming high this year! I am hoping to hit 10,000 views. Thats over 6000 more than last year, so its a big goal, but with a bit of dedication I know I can do it! To this end, if there is anything you would like to see more of, let me know! I am always happy to receive feedback! I am also hoping to hit 100 subscribed followers. I have around 30 at the mo so its another big goal, but again, with hard work I can hopefully share my ideas with lots more people!
2. Crafting Goals – I have a couple of crafting goals. The first is to finally get around to taking up spinning – I bought myself a drop spindle and some fibre back in march but have still yet to spin any yarn, so I really would love to finally get started! My second goal is to crochet 6 miles (tracked Via Knit Meter. This year I managed 4.07, so hopefully I can improve upon that performance this year. My third goal is to learn some basic knitting skills. And my goal is to have created at least 12 new crochet patterns by the end of the year.
3. Lifestyle Goals – My main goal here is to reach a goal weight of 80kg. I started my weight loss journey in October, and weighed 114kg. So far, I have lost 8kg, which is around 1.2 Stone. To achieve my goal weight, I hope to change my eating habits for good and to find some form of exercise that I enjoy. I am hoping to learn to ride a bike so I can cycle with my partner, who loves to cycle).
4. Financial Goals – Within the next couple of months I hope to clear most of my debts – I still have a few debts left over from when I was a student which I have been unable to make a dent in due to the terrible pay of my old job. But now I am in a proper job that pays me fairly, I can really start to get through that debt quite quickly. Once that debt is clear, I hope to start saving a significant amount of money per month, to begin to save to buy a house!
5. Relationship Goals – As you will probably already be aware, my partner proposed to me back in October! Yay! We had always wanted to get matching engagement rings custom made for us, so within the next few months I would like to have that ring on my finger. By the end of the year, it is also our hope that we will have booked a venue and will therefore have a set date, even though we do not wish to marry for a few more years.
6. Hobby Goals – It is my aim to broaden my film and literature horizons this year. With that in mind, I am going to aim to read 15 new books and watch 15 new films this year! I really love watching films and reading, but rarely get time to do either of them, so this year I wish to find the time to do them!
What are your goals? I would love to know!